Every Singapore resident is aware – or has at least heard in passing – of the HDB guidelines. These are an extensive list of all the rules and regulations that all homeowners have to abide by during the renovation or construction phase of their homes.
Interior design in Singapore is a booming industry, and every firm in the market is affiliated with HDB approved contractors that will make your renovation easy. But did you know that these guidelines do not only cover the building works that make up the renovation? They consist of electrical, mechanical and even sanitary/plumbing works.
These are definitely an underrated part of the renovation process, but something without which any home design is incomplete. So below, we will be looking at the Sanitary/Plumbing and Gas installation guidelines in detail.
The installation, positioning and workability of water pipes and points is an important part of every renovation project. Every interior design company in Singapore will provide you with detailed drawings for sanitation and plumbing.
Here’s what you should know about it:
– You do not need a permit for the replacement and/or addition of water pipes and points from the HDB authorities.
– All installation, repositioning and replacement works shall comply with the National Environment Agency requirements.
– There should be no damage or hacking of the existing floor slabs and structural members during this process.
– All of this work should be carried out by a licensed plumber. You’ll find that every interior design company in Singapore is affiliated with one or more.
Home interior design in Singapore is especially relevant to small details like bathroom and kitchen designs. Thus, the repositioning of sinks and wash basins is extremely important. Here’s all that you should know about it:
– No, you do not need an official HDB approved permit to reposition your sink or wash basin.
– All of the work carried out should comply with the National Environment Agency requirements.
– Note that all the water should be discharged into the existing floor traps.
– Any new sinks or wash basins to be installed should be positioned in the existing wet areas.
– None of the existing outlets should be tampered with.
– Remember not to damage any existing floor slab or structural membrane.
– The diameter of the discharge pipes in the floors should not exceed 35 mm. the overall thickness of the floor finishes including the slab, pipes, screed and tiles should not exceed 50 mm.
For all those how do not know, the grease trap is a plumbing device that stops all greasy and solid wastes from entering the waste-water disposal system. Interior design companies in Singapore would be affiliated with contractors who can carry out such works. Here’s what you should know about the installation of grease traps:
– You do not need an HDB authorized permit for installing a new, portable grease trap, given that its total operating weight – including the self-weight – is less than 400 kg. This installation should not tamper with the 1.2 m fire escape route. It should also have a 600 mm clearance from the firefighting equipment.
– For the installation of a portable grease trap with more than a 400 kg total weight, you do need an HDB approval. A Qualified Person (QP) would also provide full calculations for the load distribution of all the relevant machinery and equipment on the existing floor slab for approval. If it doesn’t meet the requirements, then the QP would design the plinth and steel plate to spread out the weight of this equipment.
– You will need an HDB approved permit for the installation of a new grease trap. You will also need the endorsement of the Building Construction Authority and National Environment Agency.
Plumbing and sanitary works can be especially challenging to take care of without the help of a professional consultant. Home Guide prides itself as one of the best interior design companies in Singapore, and we can help you take care of all technical aspects without any hassle at all.
For the longest of times, marble has been considered one of the classiest materials for the execution of residential interior design projects in Singapore. Natural marble is tough and versatile. In addition, every slab comes with its unique texture and…